Happycrow blogged about his “spare time” list, and that got me thinking about what I would like to do in that elusive thing called “spare time.”
Ha. Ha. Ha.
My goal for the new year was to be done done done with sketchcards so I could focus on other things: like moving into comic book pencilling, finish my novel (and start on the next one!), actually get paid a living wage for the work I do … you know, crazy stuff like that. SPELLCASTERS was going to be my last set, for realsies.
Ha. Ha. Ha.
Because I am weak willed and have trouble saying no (and some of the things I wasn’t saying “no” to are really cool gigs), now I’m looking at June before I am done done done. Late June.
But what would I be doing, if I weren’t breaking my heart, mind, soul and body over a drawing table in the wee hours of the night (because daytime is kid time)?
- Finish Steel Butterfly
- Redo the bathroom
- Brush up on my animation skills
- Get my concealed carry license
- Learn basic car care, so that I can do the maintenance on my Dad’s car myself
- Gardening! Lots and lots of gardening. I am thinking: roses everywhere! (Sidenote: the house down the street just took out all their rosebushes. What were they thinking?!)
- Get in shape
- Work on personal art
- Learn how to make bread
- Learn to play the mandolin
The list goes on and on, but you get the idea. Some of this stuff is just me dreaming, but some of it is going to happen. Just. You know. Not till after June.